Hello, and welcome to Emily Tong Photography. Have a look around and feel free to contact me with any questions!
I feel it is important to know who a photographer is and how they work so here are a few tidbits about myself.
- I have always loved photography ever since I went on a trip to Vancouver when I was 12. I was overwhelmed with needing to remember every moment on that trip so I took photo after photo after photo. When we got back home I developed way too many rolls of film. It was only later that I learned the art of editing and how the framing and composition of just a few photos can tell more of a story than capturing every second.
- I graduated from Bowdoin College in ’11. I devoted most of my time at Bowdoin to the darkroom and digital lab.
- In the summer of ’09 I taught photography to teenagers in Varanasi, India with Fairmail India. It was the most rewarding experience of my life and further developed my obsession with traveling.
- My approach to weddings is more photojournalistic and behind the scenes but I also love a good portrait! I love weddings because every wedding is different–all of the unique details make the day so special and it is my job to document them.
- I am absolutely in love with every dog on earth and love photographing their quirks! Unfortunately I am allergic to cats.
- But all in all I love taking photos of anything and everything and hope to share my photos with you!
Need a photographer for an event?
Need photos for an article or website?
Looking for family, senior or baby portraits?
Have a wedding coming up?
For inquiries about photographing your event CONTACT:
Please email me for information on purchasing any photos seen on this blog.
All photos on http://emilytongphotography.com are copyrighted © EmilyTong unless otherwise noted. Written permission by Emily Tong must be granted for any reproduction, manipulation, or duplication of images.